My Lake Geneva, Wisconsin in the summer time.
I’ve been lucky enough to spend my summers with my kids in the surrounding area in and
around Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Here are just a few of my favorite things to do
and places to visit.
1. The new hot spot is Pier 290 in Williams Bay, and its right on the lake. Sunset is my
favorite time to be there to celebrate another perfect day. Try the Lobster Rolls!!!!!
2. If it’s your first time in Lake Geneva jump on a Gage’s Marine tour boat to get a total
view and history of the lake. The mail boat is the most fun!
3. For breakfast I like Simple in Lake Geneva or Elizabeth’s in Delavan, get there early on
weekends for both restaurants.
4. The best kept secret is the grandfathered walking path completely around the lake,
keep your eye out for all of the fabulous perennial gardens.
5. Speaking of perennials it’s worth your trip to North Wind on Highway 120 just 5 miles
out of Lake Geneva, it was just featured in Martha Stewart’s Living. It just gets better
6. I love grabbing a cup of coffee or iced tea and head for the Lake Geneva library, yes the
library! It’s right behind the Lake Geneva beach and Lake. I get caught up on all of my
papers and magazines while watching that beautiful view.
7. For watching sports there is no better place than Chuck’s on the Lake. Great burgers too!
Check out the free popcorn in the corner.
8. Hands down the best place to buy cookies, pies and quiche is The Geneva Lakes Pie
Company. My favorite are the peanut butter cookies!
9. If you’re into golf Lake Geneva has it, but if you have young children how about heading
over to Hawk’s View golf course and check out their 9-hole course where all the holes are
a Par 3. Fun and kids get to drive the carts too!
10. If fishing is your thing I just saw a 10 year old girl pull out a 5 pound big mouth bass on
Delavan Lake. Worth the money in finding a guide.
11. Loving the book A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams perfect reading material this
Lake Geneva walking or hiking path on South Shore Drive.